Today I finally posted off my Zaurus SL-C3000, having sold it on eBay. I still think it's a lovely little device, but after taking it with me when I went back to my parents and not ending up using it at all (I had my laptop with me too) I decided I couldn't justify keeping it. Here's hoping the new owner gets more use out of it than I did.
However I seem to be compensating by adding to my pile of consumer level routers. This week I got a Netgear WGT634U, with the intent of using it to replace my Asus WL-500g, which will end up providing my parents with wireless.
I've put OpenWGT on it for the moment, because it doesn't require me to hook up the serial console, but the longer term plan is OpenWRT. I've still been fiddling with my Netgear DG834G but unfortunately latest OpenWRT AR7 builds have been less than reliable at booting for me. I've dropped back to an older build based on the 2.4.30 kernel, which seems to be fairly stable, so might end up trying it in production at some point. Wireless still isn't supported, which is a bit of a disadvantage. I understand 2.6 is being worked on for it, so maybe that'll lead to some wireless joy.
I have to keep stopping myself from trying to find more cheap toys on eBay.
Well, sort of. I've now finally signed all the keys from DebConf5. My poor little OpenPGP smartcard is toasty warm. Well, not really, but it's got quite a work out.
If haven't signed your key then:
- I don't think I've met you.
- I'm not sure I've seen proper ID that you are who you say you are.
- I lost my piece of paper that would confirm I've met you and have seen id/verified your fingerprint.
- master ate my mail to you, complaining about 8bit headers (this is something I should fix in signkey).
- Your mail server ate my mail, claiming it was spam.
- You use an idiot blacklist that there's no hope of me ever getting off because you're insane.
- You've greylisted me, and it'll get to you eventually.
Kudos to grep.be, progsoc.org, aurel32.net and linux.it, who all managed to have IPv6 MXes. Quite a low count for several hundreds mails to geeks I thought.
Well, no, there isn't at present, 'cos she's out and not officially a Dr until she graduates. However, Kathy had her viva yesterday and passed with only minor corrections, which she now has a month to make. W00t.
JD will probably welcome you when you get there.
subscribe via RSS