This is a slight adaptation of a recipe by Katherine Dichter, originally entitled Mock Salmon Pate. It seems to have been published originally by the Living Nutrition Magazine - I don't know anything else about this publication as the Web address I was referred to doesn't work!
1. Soak the almonds at least overnight, or for up to 36 hours, changing the water every 12 hours.
2. Drain the almonds, and peel them if you can be bothered (I think it enhances the flavour).
3. Chop the celery and spring onions; peel and chop the carrot. Put these and the almonds into a blender, and process until smooth. My hand blender is capable of doing this, but it takes a while and some rearranging.
4. Add lemon juice to taste, and mix in the seaweed flakes. You could add salt if you want, but I don't think it needs it.
5. Serving suggestion: Mound the pâté on the middle of a plate. Fill half the plate with mixed leaf salad, and arrange chopped vegetables around: sticks of celery, rounds of peeled sliced broccoli stem, sliced baby sweetcorn, sliced (sweet) red (bell) pepper. Also used in my Sprouted Quinoa Plate with Salsa and Vegetables recipe.
Kake's (Vegan) Cookery Site - http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/
This page added 7 Feb 1998 - comments and questions to Kake L Pugh (email@example.com).