[sisela] Extending sisela

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:40:17 +0000

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 06:01:59AM -0500, jmh2 wrote:

> 0.3 doesn't seem to come up from the floppy and I haven't gotten into
> the sources enough to figure out what is happening.

Where does it seem to get stuck?

1.68MB disks are problematic - not usually in reading them, but in
writing them. The easiest thing to do is to try writing the disk in
another drive. It's also worth trying the formatting with superformat,
which will attempt to autodetect any deviation in the alignment of your
drive and compensate.

superformat /dev/fd0 sect=21

should apply the appropriate formatting.

>    I would love to have the Atmel wireless usb driver working with
>    sisela.  That and kismet would make a great war driving box.

Kismet is *big*, sorry :-) - but people seem to keep asking me for a
Sisela-like disk for wardriving, so I'll have a go at some point.

I can build you a version with the Atmel USB driver, if you tell me
which device you have from:

http://at76c503a.berlios.de/devices.html

The reason I need to know is that the firmware images are different for
each variant, and I can't fit all of them on.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/