[sisela] Extending sisela

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:35:00 +0000

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:52:51AM -0500, MixMatch wrote:

> I was wondering how hard it would be to add packages to the build
> process of this distribution.

It's fairly straightforward in principle.

Get and build the source, then try to make your new package compile
correctly with the uClibc tools and uClibc/kernel source from the Sisela
build tree. When it seems to work, copy your binaries to the appropriate
place in build/install, delete the old rootfs and rootfs.bz2, and run
make in the Sisela tree again to build a new image.

> It would also be nice if I could include the madwifi wireless drivers
> for my card, but they are curretly available only by cvs.

Build the modules against the Linux source in your Sisela tree, copy
them to build/modules and re-run the build as above.

Same goes for anyone else wanting drivers added - I'm also willing to do
special builds on request if people tell me what they want and it's
feasible :-)

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/