[OSS Oxon] RIVER RUNS at Modern Art Oxford

Tim Greaves tim.greaves at keble.oxon.org
Mon Jul 16 00:27:38 BST 2012

A message was sent by Tracey Warr <t.warr at brookes.ac.uk>
with a couple of large PDF attachments about 'River Runs'
at Modern Art Oxford:

 http://www.modernartoxford.org.uk/whats-on/nomeda-gediminas-urbonas-river-runs/about/

Since I suspect this may not be of interest to all, and be
quite large for many inboxes, I've copied the key
information from the PDF attachments as text below. Please
contact Tracey if you want any more information.

 MODERN ART OXFORD
 30 PEMBROKE STREET, OXFORD OX1 1BP
 RIVER RUNS
 NOMEDA & GEDIMINAS URBONAS AND TRACEY WARR

 Project Space, Modern Art Oxford August 2012

During a three-week residency at Modern Art Oxford, artists
Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas and writer, Tracey Warr, will
turn the Project Space into a River Research Centre. What
part do rivers play in defining our sense of individual and
collective belonging? How might we imitate water-based
birds, animals, plants and fish to adapt to a future
environment with rising water levels? Why and how is water
important to us?

Their research will include making a series of films of
short river journeys in Oxford with various participants and
river-craft, building sculptures for immersed
conversations, and running workshops for children and
adults. They will be creating a model-scale river
landscape playground in the Project Space that imagines a
future in which we will be living with more water.

Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas have established an international
reputation for socially interactive artworks.  They are
based at MIT, Massachusetts, USA.  Tracey Warr is based in
the Fine Art department at Oxford Brookes University, UK.

OPEN STUDIO

Friday 3 August, Saturday 11 August, Tuesday 14 August,
Thursday 16 August, Friday 17 August 10am-5pm, Free

CHILDREN’S WORKSHOP (8-14 YEAR OLDS)
Wednesday 8 August, 1-4pm £5/£3 concessions, booking essential

ADULTS’ WORKSHOP
Thursday 9 August, 1-4pm £7/£5 concessions, booking essential

Visit www.modernartoxford.org.uk for details or call 01865 813800
to book tickets.

--- Message forwared on by Tim Greaves, list administrator