[E3-hacking] E2 hackery & coding

Dave Mills dave at webshed.org
Wed Nov 12 19:39:34 GMT 2008

Matt Evans wrote:

> I hacked a quick bootloader/monitor for the E2 which you can reflash
> in using pblq; it's a little more convenient/quicker as it just
> supports XMODEM from the serial terminal, and will boot Other Stuff
> out of flash.  List archives should have a bunch of waffle about it if
> you're interested, search for "e2-monitor".
>
> Never did get round to finishing the OS, or the uclinux port... (It's
> too painful to keep downloading dev kernels at 11k/s, I embarked on
> getting the e2-monitor to boot from MMC but that too got
> sidetracked... :D )
>

> Cheers,
>

> Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm definitely interested in your boot loader, my first plan of attack
was going to be getting some kind of bootloader going on the E2 - if
you've already done a lot of the work then that's a plus for me :-)

I'll take a look though the archives, but is the code directly available
from you for now?

cheers,
Dave