[E3-hacking] Re: OpenEmbedded woes

Brendan Berney brendan at e-bren.net
Mon Sep 25 12:28:24 BST 2006

Hi David,

            I had this too. You need to add the following to the
distro/amsdelta-oe.conf file (or whatever you're using for that):

            PREFERRED_PROVIDER_task-bootstrap = "task-bootstrap"

            Also, you may need to build your uImage seperately by doing

bitbake u-boot

            before you do any other builds.

            I have so far managed to get an OE system and footfs to boot
with a command line. I still cannot get Opie to work at all however since
there seem to be several problems with bits of it (such as bluepin) which
won't compile with the qpe-mt library due to incompatibilities with the
vtable entries therein. I have read that a static build is possible but have
been unable to get this to work. I have also tried excluding all these apps
since they seem to be largely multimedia stuff and bluetooth which I think
may be a bit advanced for the e3 at present... However, Opie won't
'assemble' without some of these and complains of unsatisfied dependencies
right at the end (a bit annoying after 2 days' compilation :-( )

            Does anyone have an unbroken Opie snapshot that actually
compiles completely? Or have I done something stupid with my distro? Maybe
GPE is better?

Cheers,

Brendan