[E3-hacking] Re: OpenEmbedded woes

David Ford david.ford at hu.gs
Mon Sep 25 12:54:25 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:28:24PM +0100, Brendan Berney wrote:

>                Does anyone have an unbroken Opie snapshot that actually
>    compiles completely? Or have I done something stupid with my distro? Maybe
>    GPE is better?

Hi Brendan,

>From memory (and it is several months since I did this, and I suspect
things have changed), there are a number of Opie packages that won't
work including the bluetooth stuff that needs removing to make a build
work. I will try to get chance to update my patches to work soon. My
recollection of GPE building was that it was very slow, and that there
was quite a bit of fiddling needed to get around the lack of
touchscreen.

I assume you've seen my Opie patches at
http://hu.gs/pub/E3/OpenEmbedded-patches-interim/ these should apply
cleanly to the Openembedded tree from 11th April.

I hope this is some use
David