[E3-hacking] sound?!

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Mar 2 23:57:02 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:55:51PM +0000, Mark Underwood wrote:

> I'm talking about the aic23 stero codec which the E3 seems to have 2
> of ?! You don't need the DSP either as the BSP that sends the sound
> samples (via I2S) can be mapped to either the DSP or the CPU.

Er, really? You have this working?

> Thanks for the FB patch's Jonathan, but your E3_defconfig doesn't seem
> to have been updated to enable the FB :-(. In fact your patchs like
> very much like the changes I have made (great minds ;), however, your
> patch (like my version) only seem only yeild a blue display on my E3
> (different hardware version?!) I'll have a play around this weekend to
> see if I can find you what's wrong. In the mean time would it be
> possible to post your working FB config plus a kernel uImage (just to
> make sure that we are running execatly the same code).

That patch doesn't have the FB enabled because it doesn't work in it. It
has working NAND and an updated keymap over my first patch.

I'm going to have a new patch out before the end of the weekend
(hopefully split out and cleaner) that'll add the FB support; I have it
working locally.

J.