[E3-hacking] sound?!

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Mar 2 18:46:17 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 17:51, Cliff Lawson wrote:
[...]
> For Linux use I'm therefore gonna suggest that you are probably limited to
> PWT and your choice of the 12 notes in each of four octaves.

Back in the old BBC days I had a speech synth (Superior Software's SPEECH, and
I've still to find a cheapo speech synth for my PC that was as good) that
worked by playing a continuous tone on the SN76489 sound chip and then
modulating the four-bit amplitude very quickly. Could a similar trick be done
to wrange sampled sound out of the PWT?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous ---
+- www.cowlark.com --+ of Birds_