[E3-hacking] Developments

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Jul 17 11:13:50 BST 2006

Cliff Lawson wrote:
[...]
> Oh, and for the benefit of others, the way the phone works is that at a
> minimum of 24 hours it will call the server on an 0901 number to
> send/receive email.

Ah... I'll admit that I never actually looked into this very hard --- I
don't think either of my emailers even have a bootable copy of the
Amstrad firmware on them!

I do know that they stop working if they can't pick up adverts; would
they also stop working if you got your telco to block the 0901 number, I
wonder? Of course, given the hardware subsidy, doing such a thing
*could* be considered Bad Form...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "You cannot truly appreciate _Atlas Shrugged_
+- www.cowlark.com --+