[E3-hacking] Linux 2.6 & USB _almost_ works

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sat Feb 18 09:59:38 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 10:39:36PM +0000, Mark Underwood wrote:
> I have been hacking around with the 2.6.15 kernel and now have got the
> USB host to successfully register. It detects a USB device that I plug
> into it, but then fails to get the interrupt (the kernel prints out a
> time out error message). Looking at the proc enteries from the 2.4
> kernel (from the website) the interrupt number is the same so I guess
> that there is some init code missing. Please could someone boot their
> E3, plug & unplug a USB device and do 'cat /proc/interrupts' and
> confirm that the usb-ohci interrupt has seen some interrupts.

# cat /proc/interrupts
 14:          0   OMAP1510 GPIO IRQ demux
 25:          0   console/lcddma
 30:   47416923   timer
 31:          0   console/lcd
 38:         47   usb-ohci
 46:       2820   serial
 57:          0   omap-rtc
 58:          0   omap-rtc alarm
Err:          0

That's just from inserting a USB device - my E3 is far away from where I
am at present so I can't try disconnecting it too.

J.

--
                     Is it real, or is it Mimozine?
[ Black Cat Networks ] [ 0845 PAYG dialup ] [ ADSL from £20+VAT/month ]