[E3-hacking] Shell

David Given e3-hacking@earth.li
Tue, 3 May 2005 10:48:23 +0100

On Sunday 01 May 2005 15:48, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
[...]
> I gave up on pblq and wrote my own stuff, though probably I should have
> just fixed pblq. I think what actually happens is the first command
> times out but when you try again it works; I sit and wait for a
> successful version command response before proceeding.

pblq does ping the board with a get-version packet after the handshake's
complete, and wait for the result, so that shouldn't be the problem...

I suspect the major culprit is probably the bit of code that tries to be
clever and changes the baud rate after handshaking. The E3 uses a different
default baud rate, IIRC.

Unfortunately I don't have an E3, and I've just moved house and my E2 and
interface board is somewhere in a box, so I probably won't be doing much
development for a while...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "...you could wire up a *dead rat* to a DIMM
+- www.cowlark.com --+