[E3-hacking] Success!

Matt Evans e3-hacking@earth.li
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:49:00 +0000

Hi David,

Thanks for the pblq posting, I'll try that out.. umm.. (. o O ( Tonight
= Guinness..)) sometime ;)

I'm not sure what it means by "NAND flash is *at* 80010000";
physically NAND flash is not memory-mapped.  It looks more like a block
device, you request sectors of 512 bytes and At Some Point it comes
back (a bit like SDRAM reading a row).  The memory regions (set up by
the Sharp) also aren't big enough to provide some sort of memory
map-to-block conversion in the CPLD and since its latency differs
sometimes this prob. isn't sensible for NAND flash.

Of course PBL may provide some sort of software abstraction to
'convert' reads to a certain offset to a sector fetch & read from
/that/.

Am interested to know if PBL does this, if you manage to read any of
the main ROM then let us know :)

> hri.sourceforge.net has CVS, doesn't it?

OOh good idea...

Cheers,

Matt