[E3-hacking] Success!

David Given e3-hacking@earth.li
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:26:21 +0000

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 00:35 +0000, Matt Evans wrote:
[...]
> When PBL is running it remaps DRAM to 0 and the boot flash to 80000000:

Yes, that corroborates the flash table, which says that the NAND flash
starts at 80010000. (I don't know yet whether it actually *starts*
there, or whether it's mapped at 80000000 and the bottom 64kB are masked
by the NOR flash... if so, there might be something interesting there.
I'm thinking of the BBC MOS, where if you looked in the section of the
MOS ROM that was masked by the I/O area, there were the author's
credits.)

[...]
> So maybe try dumping from address 0x80000000 if possible?

First thing I want to try setting the baud rate a bit higher --- I don't
have all week!

[...]
> I'd be interested in trying your pblq prog.  Hmmm... any CVS available
> to us? ;)  Seems like we're all hacking on different things;  I'd quite
> like a cmdline util to provide a crap shell to send commands (whilst
> sending nop packets while I think so it doesn't time out) - extensible
> to do higher-level things like "dump RAM to/from file"..

Yeah, that's what it's for. (I wrote a very similar program a few years
ago to talk to the SingleStep monitor. Trust me, PBL is easy in
comparison.)

hri.sourceforge.net has CVS, doesn't it?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "If you're up against someone more intelligent
+- www.cowlark.com --+