[E3-hacking] Success!

David Given e3-hacking@earth.li
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:19:07 +0000

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:49 +0000, Matt Evans wrote:
[...]
> Of course PBL may provide some sort of software abstraction to
> 'convert' reads to a certain offset to a sector fetch & read from
> /that/.

According to the PBL API it does --- I need to investigate the
disassembly and find out what's going on. (Ralph, I don't suppose you
have your annotator script handy, do you?)

> Am interested to know if PBL does this, if you manage to read any of
> the main ROM then let us know :)

Even at 100 Bps it would take just under 24 hours to download it all,
and I was seeing 66 Bps when PBL was (attempting to) access the NAND
flash --- which makes it 35 hours --- so I don't think I'll try that
just yet. What I would like to do is to download the 8kB page containing
the startup code, which will give me some space to play with custom
code.

Provided I can work out how to reflash it, of course.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Feminism encourages women to leave their
+- www.cowlark.com --+ Pat Robertson