[cgi-wiki-dev] How to write node with versions

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Tue Jan 8 18:55:29 GMT 2008

On Mon 07 Jan 2008, abhishek jain <abhishek.netjain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok so i need to get this multiple domain on 1 installation thing done and
> will start development, but if i start it will it be compatible with the
> later / future developments of Wiki::Toolkit . Also at first sight
> introducing a column called domainid into most if not all tables of mysql
> looks to be a sol. and then while intialising $wiki object pass parameter
> 'domainid', what do you have to say.

Whatever the solution we choose, it needs to be backwards compatible.
And of course any patches you make will need to have tests before we
can accept them.  I think I prefer Jody's solution of having table
prefixes, since it means people with existing installations won't have
to munge their databases.

What does everyone else think?

Kake