[cgi-wiki-dev] Mailing list vs wiki for discussion

Tom Insam cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:00:16 +0100

At 12:34 -0400 2003/09/14, <Martin@Cleaver.org> wrote:
>Just for the record I will say that I prefer a wiki for discussion to email.
>I like being able to refactor and cross reference for other people and to
>use pages to build consensus of opinion. And that's without cluttering my
>mailbox.
>
>I do recognise that this only works well on TWiki because that retains page
>histories - am I right in thinking that this is not the case for CGI::Wiki?

CGI::Wiki has history. Wikis just don't work unless they have
history. For a time, one of my biggest issues with Kwiki was that it
didn't, though they solved this issue eventually.

You're still not quite making sense, though. CGI::Wiki has page
history, but not in a user-accessible way, because you can't do
_anything_ to CGI::Wiki except through a specific front-end. Talk
about openguides, or CGI::Wiki::Kwiki, or CGI::Wiki::Simple, or
something, if you have specific questions.

--
.tom