This recipe comes from the F-Plan Diet Book, by Audrey Eyton. If you haven't got any tomato juice, double the boiling water and add 2 tbsp tomato puree. If you haven't got any parsnip, swede (rutabaga) works well instead.
1. Halve the onion and slice into thin half-moons. Peel and grate the carrots and parsnip.
2. If using spaghetti rather than macaroni, break into 2cm (1 inch) lengths.
3. Put the onion, carrot, parsnip, stock cube, tomato juice and pasta into a pan with the boiling water. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, shred the cabbage finely. When the 15 minutes are up, add the cabbage to the pan and cook gently, covered, for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the chopped parsley.
Kake's (Vegan) Cookery Site - http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/
This page added some time in 1997 - comments and questions to Kake L Pugh (email@example.com).