This recipe is adapted from the Cosmopolitan Vegetarian Cookbook, by Amanda Grant.
1. Split the leeks lengthways and wash each layer thoroughly. Slice across into thin strips, including the green part as well.
2. Heat the oil and margarine together over a gentle heat. When the margarine has melted, add the leeks and toss well. Cook slowly, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the leeks start to soften.
3. Sprinkle over the sugar. After a couple more minutes, mix well. Continue to cook for 15-30 minutes, until the leeks have begun to collapse into a sticky mass. Add small amounts of hot water if required to stop sticking.
4. While the leeks are cooking, cook and drain the noodles.
5. When the leeks are done, add the parsley, olive oil, cooked noodles and seasoning to taste. Toss well and serve.
Kake's (Vegan) Cookery Site - http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/
This page added 13 Apr 1999 - comments and questions to Kake L Pugh (email@example.com).