[sisela] ethernet 3com issue

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:35:26 +0100

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 04:32:32PM +0930, runm0de wrote:

> i have an old p100 IBM laptop and am running an Orinoco wireless card and a
> 3com pcmcia card / adapter 3C562D/3C563D.
> when using the 3com ethernet card i get the following error
> - eth1: interrupts dropped
> if i use the 3com wired network and ping another decide, between every
> second ping i receive the eth1: interrupts dropped error message.
>
> does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Could you let me know the output of 'cat /proc/interrupts'?

Then try booting the system again, entering 'pcifix' at the boot: prompt.

This might fix it. If it does, please use the 'ytheleus feedback'
command to send a hardware report.

If not, post again or mail me directly and I'll help you debug further.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/