[sisela] Re:

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Wed, 19 May 2004 03:32:13 +0100

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 04:25:13PM +0200, Valentin Chialda wrote:

> The problem is that it gives me errors when I put those commands into the
> boot.sh :
>
> ifconfig -a eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
> ifconfig -a eth1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
> -- after those two lines, it gives me errors.

What are the errors?

> The boot.sh is not loaded after the end of all scripts and settings ?
> Because the same script lines is working perfect when I write them by hand

Commands in the script should be running in the exact same situation you
get when the shell appears.

The only thing I can think of (without seeing the errors) is that there
might be some delay before the cards are ready to be configured. I think
I put in a couple of seconds by default anyway before running boot.sh,
but try adding 'sleep 10' at the start of your script.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/