[sisela] Re:

Valentin Chialda sisela@earth.li
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:25:13 +0200

hy Martin,

For using sisela as a router, i've put a file resolv.conf in /etc/, where
i've setup those two DNS.
The problem is that it gives me errors when I put those commands into the
boot.sh :

ifconfig -a eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig -a eth1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
-- after those two lines, it gives me errors.
add route default gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
iptables ....etc...nat..., etc, ...POSTROUTING......etc....MASQUERADE
cp /etc/hosts  /etc/resolv.conf
echo "search xxx.ro nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2  nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xx3"
> /etc/resolv.conf
echo "1" > /...etc...ip_forward

The boot.sh is not loaded after the end of all scripts and settings ?
Because the same script lines is working perfect when I write them by hand
(after the execution of boot.sh with only the first two lines of script).
Is something wrong ?
Every time when i restart the computer I must write those script lines by
hand.

thanks a lot in advance !!!

Valentin

> From: Martin Ling <martin-sisela@earth.li>
> To: sisela@earth.li
> Subject: Re: [sisela] writting on the disk
>
> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 10:00:05AM +0300, chialda@xnet.ro wrote:
> >
> > with sisela , can i write some firewall files on my floppy, and to use
> > them on the booting precess ?
>
> Yes. The simplest way to do this is to enter the rules as you'd like
> them, then save them to a file on the floppy with iptables-save.
>
> iptables-save > /floppy/iptables-rules
>
> Then add to your boot.sh script:
>
> iptables-restore < /floppy/iptables-rules
>
> to restore them from the disk at startup.
>

> Martin
>
> --
> http://the.earth.li/~martin/

> End of Sisela Digest

> Connex scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV
AntiVirus.
> Connex automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.
>
> Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate
variantele lor.
> Pentru a inlatura efectele nedorite si din dorinta de a va oferi in
permanenta servicii
> de cea mai buna calitate mesajele detectate ca fiind infectate vor fi
sterse automat .
> Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand
deschideti
> fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un
prejudiciu cauzat de
> virusi.
>
> Disclaimer: RAV Antivirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and
variants. In
> order to remove  unwanted effects and to continuously provide quality
services all
> infected e-mails will be automatically deleted .Please be aware that there
is a risk
> involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to your computer and that
MobiFon is not