[sisela] installing c++ application in sisela

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:52:52 +0000

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:33:17AM -0800, sunil Arora wrote:

> I am quite new to sisela but quite impressed by it.
> I have to install a custom kernel in sisela and then
> want to install a user level application which is
> built in c++.
> I am over with installation of the kernel. that was
> quite simple but now the application need stdc++
> library support and can not be compiled by the
> uclibc0.9.20 tool chain (there is no g++ wrapper)
> which is in present sisela.
>
> I found out that i will need to compile that
> application with tool-chain supplied by uclibc ppl.
> i have installed buildroot development platform and
> can compile new application.
> Now i need to INSTALL THE SHARED LIBRARIES THIS
> APPLICATION NEEDS IN THE REQUIRED STRIPPED MINIMUM
> FORMAT as other libraries in sisela.

Sorry I did't reply to this sooner.

- Put the compiled binary in build/install/bin (or sbin, or usr/bin).

- Put the libraries in build/install/lib.

- If you have archive (libwhatever.a) files associated with the
  libraries, add "-L <path>" entries to the directories they can be
  found in to this line of the Makefile (184, I think):

./mklibs.sh -v -D -L $(LOCAL_UCLIBC_LIB) -L $(WIRELESS) -L $(IPTABLES) \
        -d $(BUILD_LIB) $(BINARIES)

Then run:

make -o package-installs -o uclibc-dev -o kernel

and let me know how it goes.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/