[sisela] Problem Solution Requested - (Commit Changes 8b00 error )

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:19:26 +0100

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 02:27:24AM +0300, Christos Economou wrote:

> I am trying to make an AP using Orinoco Gold Cards and Avaya Silver
> pairs as well.
>
> When I am using the "iwconfig eth1 commit" command I am receiving the
> subjected error, namely "Commit Changes" 8B00:
>
> Set Failled on device eth1 ? operation not supported

You don't need to use the 'commit' command. As the manual page says,
it's really only for debugging (and I'm not even sure it's been used for
that, lately). I get exactly the same result on my cards.

To set up wireless access, what you probably want to do is:

iwconfig eth1 mode ad-hoc
iwconfig eth1 essid "your network name here"

and then set up DHCP, IP forwarding, etc.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/