[OSS RATS] Sonning to Shiplake swim - We're on Uri Geller's website...

Pam pamjones at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 18:16:52 BST 2010

And big thanks to Helen from me too.

Pam

From: ossrats-bounces at earth.li [mailto:ossrats-bounces at earth.li] On Behalf
Of Lindsay Nutbrown
Sent: 15 September 2010 21:38
To: ossrats at earth.li
Subject: [OSS RATS] Sonning to Shiplake swim - We're on Uri Geller's
website...

Evening all,

Helen, well done for suggesting the Sonning to Shiplake (part way) swim for
this evening.  It was lovely.

Nice to meet Pam. (What a long way you came to the swim, from Winchester
!!!) Good to meet up with Helen and Jeremy again.

We were enjoying our lovely swim, being the latest outing of the Outdoor
Swimming Society 'RATS' in the stretch of the Thames between Sonning and
Shiplake...

Part way along, suddenly a man walking his dog along the Thames path asked
if he could take our photos and post them on his website and his Twitter
pages.  We said he could, and he took the photos.  He had quite a
distinctive accent - one of our group asked where he was from and he said
'I'm Uri Geller' (!!)

Just looked on Uri's website and we're on there!!

http://site.uri-geller.com/uri_s_weekly_diary

Look on right hand side and there's a photo of me.  Follow link to Twitter
photos for more pics of the others in our group.

What an unusual twist to a lovely swim!

All best

Lindsay