[OSS Oxon] OSS Swim the Thames #10 - Shifford to Rose Revived Newbridge Sun27Jul14 at 10:30am

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Mon Jul 21 22:16:40 BST 2014

Summertime and the living is easy Tra la la - come and join us for a
lovely swim in the Thames from the beautiful rural Shifford Lock to the
metropolis that is Newbridge and the Rose Revived.  A mere 4.5km if you
swim, like some of us, in a bit of a zig zag fashion - only 4.25km if
you swim as straight as a die.

*We'll meet at 10:30am at the Rose Revived car park on Sunday 27th July
2014**here:*

*http://goo.gl/maps/sRNYR * (Look for the green arrow. (On the map -
there won't actually be one in the car park :o) ))

and we'll either walk or shuffle up to Shifford Lock, flop into the
water and float, bob, or swim a bit seriously down to the Rose Revived.
Under the grade 2 listed new bridge - 14th century and new 'cos it was
built after Radcot - at the confluence of the Windrush and exit
elegantly on the left on to the terrace of the Rose Revived to the
applause of the drinkers.

For those that want to shuffle a car we have an exciting alternative to
the Chimney Meadows car park . . . .

http://goo.gl/maps/yG24S and cross the original Thames at Duxford ford
(A bit of a tautology) and amble to Shifford lock. We can decide on the day.

Jeremy, Sharon and the Naiads of the Upper Thames

*OSS swim responsibility statement:*

**By attending you confirm that you are a member of the OSS and have
read and accepted the OSS swim responsibility statement:

http://www.outdoorswimming
society.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibili ty
<http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility>

All swimmers swim at their own risk.