[OSS Oxon] OXFORD BIG JUMP - Danger Bridge, Port Meadow, Sunday 13th July at 1:15pm

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Mon Jul 7 21:12:42 BST 2014

Calling the Leaping Lords and Ladies of Oxford,

Join us for the Oxford 2014 European Big Jump day at Port Meadow this
Sunday, 13th July  at 1:15pm, Danger Bridge, Fiddler's Island ready to
immerse ourselves in the Isis from whatever height you feel comfortable
with at 2pm

http://goo.gl/maps/NFQ37  Red bubble thing marks the spot!

Every year, all across Europe, we re-afirm our connexion with our rivers
and explore our aquatic origins by  leaping, plunging, slipping or
tip-toeing into our local rivers at the same instant in time.

http://www.rivernet.org/bigjump/welcome.htm

In a nutshell, BIG JUMP is a European river swimming day, where people
reclaim their environment and demonstrate their wish to have clean and
living rivers again.

Park at Walton Well car park (Pay and Display - £1.10 for 3 hours or
£2.20 for 5 hours.)

http://goo.gl/maps/kPLew

Alternatively, there is a free car park at the top end of Port Meadow at
Godstow Road but that's a bit of a hike away:

http://goo.gl/maps/YY7Me

Bring food and drink for yourselves and/or to share for a picnic
afterwards. We will have a barbecue for anyone who wants to have
something warm and charred. And for those wanting more of a swim, this
is the perfect stretch - trot upriver your required distance and swim
back down. There will be plenty of companions and hopefully a nice sunny
afternoon.

See you there,

Jeremy, Chris and Sharon and the flying salmon of the Isis.

Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on
this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the
OSS swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or
participating in any swims, you confirm that you have read and
understand the OSS swim responsibility statement and accept its terms:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility