[OSS Oxon] OSS Swim the Thames #46 - Monkey Island to Boveney Lock - 10:30am Sunday 12 May 2013

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Fri May 10 21:40:41 BST 2013

Lepomis cyanellus of the warm water streams of the Thames,

OK, this is a Canadian resident of our namesake river but here's hoping
it applies to us as well this Sunday. (Don't think we'll be able to
match Sharon's spectacular choice of Bank Holiday weather that Jo
organised but if you're watching Jo -- pretty please?)

We'll meet at the finish (that's the end not the country) Car Park at
10:30am on Sunday 12th May 2013 near to Boveney (I thinks it's free but
if any locals know better please add a clarification comment):

http://goo.gl/maps/1zcEH (Green arrow marks the spot)

and shuttle up to Start (where we finished Swim #45)

Park here at the small but free Car park (Assuming we can find it this
time by approaching from the other end) or if feeling spritely we could
walk up instead.)

http://goo.gl/maps/cpk7T
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2Fcpk7T&h=eAQGuxX2g&s=1>

Cross the Summerlease foot bridge and enter water here where there is a
nice beach (No need to scrabble around in the undergrowth on the other
bank!):

http://goo.gl/maps/kmFKr
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2FkmFKr&h=uAQG1-8lF&s=1>

Swim down to Boveney Lock 3.81 k

http://goo.gl/maps/MPz5C
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2FMPz5C&h=FAQGj26bW&s=1>

and return to finish car park where we met up and check out the
abandoned church of St Mary Magdalene once used by the river folk on our
way back from the lock to the car park:

http://goo.gl/maps/1zcEH
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2F1zcEH&h=sAQErA20Q&s=1>

And this swim brings up to Windsor Race Course.

And we'll be eating at The Pineapple at Dorney:

http://goo.gl/maps/qdiXS
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2FqdiXS&h=_AQFTzjm7&s=1>

By joining any jolly jaunt with Jeremy and Sef you agree to abide by the
Outdoor Swimming Society's Swim Responsibility Statement:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility

Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on
this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the
OSS swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or
participating in any swims, or using any material on the Wild swim map
you confirm that you have read and understand the OSS swim
responsibility statement and accept its terms.