[OSS Oxon] OSS Swim the Thames #52 - Chertsey Meads to Shepperton - Saturday 3 Aug 2013 10:30am

Hywel Davies hywel_davies at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 21:59:03 BST 2013

Hi OSS emailers,

We'll rendezvous here on Saturday 3rd August at 10:30 a.m. This is the free Chertsey Meads car park that we used at the end of swim #51.
http://goo.gl/maps/6kKYh

We'll shuttle 2 or 3 cars containing your dry eating togs down to the pub finish. Then we will swim the 2.5 km to Shepperton Lock which will be a good place to meet bank support, if we have any. The river gives us options but we will stick to our left and take the scenic M shaped route going north of Desborough Island.
There's a swimming lake very near here, I suggest we wave our unspent fivers at anyone paying to use it. I would however recommend it as a very good facility.

After Shepperton lock it is just 2km to the Red Lion pub here
http://goo.gl/maps/87TDO

I'm hoping we'll be able get out directly into the pub garden with sodden boxes of milk tray held aloft. We'll check the exact get out spot as we shuttle cars.

I have a table for ~15 booked at 2 p.m. in my name (Hywel). We’ll plan the number of cars to leave depending on who will eat and who needs to rush off.

Hywel.

By joining any jolly jaunt with Hywel, Jeremy and Sef you agree to abide by the Outdoor Swimming Society's Swim Responsibility Statement:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility
Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the OSS swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or participating in any swims, or using any material on the Wild swim map you confirm that you have read and understand the OSS swim responsibility statement and accept its terms.