[OSS Oxon] Catch up swim Sunday 10th June

Pamela pamjones at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 6 09:05:13 BST 2012

Dear Thames swimmers all

Subject to weather, there will be a catch up of Swim 24 on Sunday 10th June.
Tracy and I missed this the first time and are hoping that the predicted
rain all week will make the swim as exciting as it was the first time a few
weeks ago.

Please let me know by email without fail

1)      If you are hoping to come (with a mobile phone number)
And

2)      If you want lunch

My phone number on the day is 07845 227573.   If the weather is dire, we may
cancel.   Please check emails until Saturday.

The arrangements will be exactly as Swim 24 and are repeated below.

Pam

We may have to be vigilant. The river is fast-flowing and we will have to be
sensible about safety.
We'll meet here in the free car park at Culham at 10:30am on Saturday 19th
May 2012:

http://g.co/maps/ynxdp

Get changed, and shuttle up to the car park at Abingdon Bridge, where we met
for the last swim: (Will need money for parking in this one - £1.20 for 3
hours but we can share the cost)

http://g.co/maps/rzf3d

>From here it is a relatively short walk (0.75km) to Abingdon Lock across the
fields, where we'll start our swim from:

http://g.co/maps/x77ep

We can have a breather around half way, just past the Marina entrance on the
opposite bank, where there appears to be a beach of sorts:

http://g.co/maps/v5rh6

ending up at Culham lock next to the car park.  From there we'll repair to
the George & Dragon for a spot of lunch: (Tel:  01235 848142 ‎ )

http://g.co/maps/an9n4

OSS swim responsibility statement:

By attending you confirm that you are a member of the OSS and have read and
accepted the OSS swim responsibility statement:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips
<http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsib
ility> &s=responsibility

All swimmers swim at their own risk.