[OSS Oxon] Catch up for Swim 4 of the Thames

James Lowe James.Lowe at datacore.com
Mon Aug 8 11:14:13 BST 2011

)-----Original Message-----
)From: ossoxon-bounces at earth.li [mailto:ossoxon-bounces at earth.li] On
)Behalf Of Liz Holliss
)Sent: 08 August 2011 09:03
)To: Jo-Anne Rutterford; chloe.jeffries at merton.ox.ac.uk;
)pamjones at btinternet.com; ossoxon at earth.li
)Subject: Re: [OSS Oxon] Catch up for Swim 4 of the Thames
)
)The Days Lock-Dorchester fisherman are a much friendlier breed it seems
)(or maybe we've got them well-trained) - one even asked if he could
)catch me and win his competition!

That was mainly due to some schmoozing that Tim, I and others have done over the last few years. They are very used to us, but also because that stretch is a very popular walk and is always used day and night, so they are just used to people being around them. Unlike some of the more remoter areas where the fishermen like to hide away and begrudge the human traffic.

Also I expect it has a lot to do with the width of the river.

James