[OSS Oxon] Possible early evening swim, Tuesday 9 August

Pam Jones pamjones at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 5 21:47:30 BST 2011

Pauline McCracken and I are going to do swim 4 on Sunday this weekend.  We
plan to leave Winchester at 9am, go to the finish point at the footbridge at
Inglesham to leave stuff and then go up to the start at Hannington Bridge
where we will stock up on coffee and cake.   I anticipate that we will not
be at the bridge until at least 10:30am- possibly a bit later as the walk to
the finish at Inglesham is quite long.
My husband is driving us so we only have one car.
My phone number is 07845 227573 and home phone number is 01962 863826.
Please use latter until Sunday.
I know that they did not have lunch last time and were utterly exhausted as
it is 3.5 miles.  I suggest that we might try to get lunch by starting early
enough.  Jeremy has suggested The Trout where we camped or The Riverside pub
which is closer - just next to the h'penny bridge. He says that, in the
spirit of trying all the pubs on the Thames, that might be worth a go?

Please let me know if you are joining us.   I am a 40 minute miler and
Pauline is faster.  This swim has quite a lot of wading but i could always
bring my training fins and swim faster when we can swim if i am the slowest.

pam

Below are some maps which Jeremy sent me to help us.

Car parking at beginning of swim:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.663549,-1.749471&hl=en&sll=51.663
379,-1.748446&sspn=0.001734,0.005262&num=1&t=h&z=18

Entry Point:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.663316,-1.748854&hl=en&sll=51.669
834,-1.717917&sspn=0.001733,0.005262&num=1&t=h&z=18

Possible half way rest point:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.670103,-1.71854&hl=en&sll=51.6883
15,-1.70375&sspn=0.001733,0.005262&num=1&t=h&z=18

Exit Point next to foot bridge:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.688205,-1.704506&hl=en&sll=51.689
479,-1.700574&sspn=0.003465,0.010525&num=1&t=h&z=18

Car park at end of swim:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.690822,-1.697119&hl=en&sll=51.689
479,-1.700574&sspn=0.003465,0.010525&num=1&t=h&z=17