[OSS Oxon] Proposed 'exploratory' swim on the River Thame

James Lowe james.lowe at datacore.com
Tue Jun 29 13:37:03 BST 2010

Hello to those that have replied (remember to hit 'reply-all' so that
the whole list gets your response which saves people asking the same
question).

Distance is tricky as it is more about 'time' in the water, it will be a
head-up breast stroke (of which I am *really* slow) but I reckon that it
would be about one hour to hour and half (two hours tops).

Now as I have said, we may swim for 20 metres and then find the water is
2 feet deep and have to walk along the river until we find deep water
again - this was part of the charm of the windrush - so make sure you
have decent footwear in case we have scrambling to do.

As to Dates - weekends are best it seems. I'd also prefer a morning
(10am start) or late evening swim than middle of the day, but can be
flexible on those travelling.

July 10/11 (any time)
July 18 (any time)
July 24/25 (any time)
July 31/Aug1 (any time)

I have nothing booked on those weekends, but would rather sooner than
later.

I will (if I remember) take another look this weekend in the evening to
see the state of the water (in case the water has gone down) and let you
know.

So of those interested can suggest one or two of these weekends to the
group email, then I am sure we can easily narrow it down.

James