[gdpr-discuss] Git and the Right for Rectification

Karen Reilly akareilly at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:31:26 BST 2018

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-rectification/

In the case of git, the data (email addresses) were accurate at the time.
It may also reflect an organization member’s code contributions -
historical data that one has a reason for tracking (OpenStack does this).

The legitimate interest for processing is still relevant in later articles
- data subject requests are influenced by whether the legitimate interest
still holds.

If coder Ms.Foo used a company email to contribute, then changed email
addresses, a correct email address for future contributions may suffice.

Cheers,
   K. Reilly