[gdpr-discuss] Git and the Right for Rectification

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Mon May 21 20:47:47 BST 2018

On 05/21/2018 07:18 PM, Karen Reilly wrote:

Hi,

> In the case of git, and the integrity of a code base that has
> implications for the security of many people, I would look into
> legitimate interest from Article 6(1)(f):

Article 6 defines the possible legal grounds for processing personal
data, that is separate from the rights of the data subject when you are
processing them. Exceptions in the rights of the data subjects are
defined in those articles. So is the right of portability (art 20) only
valid for data that is processed under art. 6.1a or art. 6.1b, as stated
in art. 20.1a. Article 16 (rectification) doesn't have such a clause.

Winfried

--
privacy consultant e-health
+31.6.23303960