[gdpr-discuss] Git and the Right for Rectification

Karen Reilly akareilly at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:18:37 BST 2018

In the case of git, and the integrity of a code base that has implications
for the security of many people, I would look into legitimate interest from
Article 6(1)(f):

“processing is necessary for…

…the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a
third party, …

…except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental
rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of
personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.”

In short: purpose, necessity, and balancing. Also consider what is PII and
what isn’t. Make a decision and document it.

Cheers,

    Karen Reilly