[E3-hacking] Just got an e3 - where do I start

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:30:39 BST 2012

Hi,

Antony Stone wrote:
> Edward Robbins wrote:
> > I guess that means it's basically a brick then? Any plausible way
> > around?
>
> I personally know of no way to reflash it once it's got 5.1, but I'm
> not exactly an expert around here.  Others may well be better-informed
> than I am.

I suppose JTAG using the exposed pads on the circuit board, how the
ROM's contents were obtained originally IIRC, might be a complex
option...

Is it correct that no revenue is now made from the Emailer family;  that
the premium rate numbers have been closed, etc., and whoever bought the
relevant part of Amstrad has no interest in operating it any more?  If
so, could an approach to them to make available, e.g. signing key, for
the benefit of those that want to tinker?  No skin off their nose now
and if the right person is reached it may work, what with the increased
prominence of the Maker movement, etc.

Cheers, Ralph.