[E3-hacking] FW: Factory reset of e3 emailer

SJSD . sjsdoherty at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 22:23:28 GMT 2010

Folks:

I think I've cracked it - basically by guessing which buttons they were likely to use for reset - I knew the two required for E2 reset so I thought that three wouldn't be beyond them for the E3.

1. Remove power cord from E3
2. Hold down: DELETE, STOP and HANDSFREE together
3. Keep holding all three and insert power cord
4. Keep holding all three - E3 boots as normal but after about 15/20 seconds displays message "Initialising system" (I can't remember the exact wording)
5. Keep holding until you have your final screen which prompts you to register as a new user (you may let go now)
6. Old address book entries and other previously stored information is gone.
7. Have a cup of tea.

Best regards

James