[E3-hacking] Please help creating gpio-switch on ams-delta

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Tue May 12 11:53:35 BST 2009

Hi,

I am playing with OMAP 5910 based Amstrad E3 videophone (ams-delta)
machine. I am trying to expose GPIO 4, that hook switch hangs off, to
userspace.

I can successfully access the pin by exporting it using gpiolib sysfs. I
can check its value, following hook switch state changes. However, I
would like the switch to generate events.

I have tried two methods: gpio-switch and gpio-keys. gpio-switch device
is able to report the switch initial state correctly, gpio-keys device
just initializes without errors. However, for both methods, after first
switch change, the system stops responding, giving no error messages.

The code of goip-switch initialization sequence together with my
platform device definition (attached) does not look any different to me
than those for keyboard or modem (patches available from
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.19/), that both also use GPIO interrupts
and do work for me.

Any hints?

Janusz

PS. This is my first post to linux-omap list, I don't know if you accept
attachments. If not, next time I switch to a different mail user agent
that allows me for inline file inclusion (or learn how to do it in my
thunderbird).