[E3-hacking] Newbie E3 owner

Jasmine Strong jasmine at electronpusher.org
Wed Jul 4 21:50:43 BST 2007

> Some interesting ideas there. Having looked through the available
> docs on the state of this project they look feasible but I'm
> something of a newbie here so your milage may vary.
>
> My own plans are to use an E3 as a music player, using a hacked
> Netgear WGT384u storage router as the server or possibly to use it as
> a stand-alone mp3 player for the car.

The OMAP5910 in the E3 is just barely fast enough to play mp3s
if the bitrate is pretty low;  you do need to use an integer decoder,
as it has no floating point hardware.  However, the audio hardware
is not really up to the job, so you'll either need to modify your e3
(no, I'm not sure what the options are) or use a USB audio device.

-J.