[E3-hacking] Newbie E3 owner

Andy Collins andy at randomorbit.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 21:47:13 BST 2007

On 3 Jul 2007, at 14:30, lists at mice-software.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a couple of E3s from eBay (£25 each exc. shipping,
> sadly I've had no luck finding brand new ones for £10 or whatever).
> One of them was clearly new and has v4.9, however the other turned out
> to have been used (looks new and still has stickers, but some parts of

--snip--

> Anyway, has anyone tried any of these? I've had a look round the wiki
> and the past e-mails here but it's not really clear what the present
> state of drivers/etc. are - I don't mind working on drivers either
> (although my experience with drivers is primarily on OSX and a small
> amount on Windows)

Hi Colin,

Some interesting ideas there. Having looked through the available
docs on the state of this project they look feasible but I'm
something of a newbie here so your milage may vary.

My own plans are to use an E3 as a music player, using a hacked
Netgear WGT384u storage router as the server or possibly to use it as
a stand-alone mp3 player for the car.

Interesting times ahead I suspect.

All the best.

Andy.