[E3-hacking] Newbie networking problems

Andy Collins andy at randomorbit.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 19:50:43 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the replies.

I should point out that I'm using the kernel, rootfs and pbl
mentioned in the wiki...
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.15/rootfs.arm_nofpu.ext2.gz
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.15/u-boot.bin
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.16/uImage-2.6.16-omap2-e3
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.16/linux.pbl

ifconfig -a just shows the loopback device so it seems that something
funny is going on. When I did a search for ADM8515 linux I found a
link to the file pegasus.h which suggests that the pegasus driver can
cut-it with this chip-set. Do you think I'm reading this correctly?

My assumption was that if the kernel had the modules loaded and I
plugged the drive in, it should show up somewhere but ipconfig
doesn't spot it. Do I need to do something else?

Thanks for the input, it's nice to be welcomed :-)

All the best.

Andy.