[E3-hacking] Trying to load u-boot from NAND.

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu May 18 21:57:57 BST 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:13:19PM +0100, Mark Underwood wrote:
> > Er, and now bizarrely I find that disabling CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES
> > means it boots, which just seems wrong.
>
> Very strange, how on earth did you find out that disabling
> CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES made it work? Well done on getting it to boot.

Copious debug output lead me to discover it was hanging in mutex_lock
and I went to turn on DEBUG_MUTEXES only to discover it was already
enabled, so I disabled it.

> > What's everyone else working on at present and how's it going?
> Not much. Last thing I was working was the sound. I would really like
> to get the mixer working properly (well at all!). I tried building the
> sound driver as a module and running the commands that put the modem
> into speaker phone mode and then install the sound driver, but it
> still comes out the handset and I can't find a data sheet for the
> Voice Codec :-/.

I failed to find any datasheet for it either. Mixer support would be
great; it's a bit too loud to use the handset at present.

J.

--
 Have you been having any immoral thoughts lately? I know I sure have.