[E3-hacking] E3 Memory Map?

Cliff Lawson clawson at amstrad.com
Tue May 16 18:07:04 BST 2006

The point of our named modules system is that it doesn't actually matter
where or how big modules are as long as they can be found by name (always on
a page boundary to make searching quicker). Then the module header includes
info such as how big the lumps are. So expect to find them anywhere.

There are some limits such as the PBL only reading 300KB of NAND before it
looks for MEM and then only reading the MEM value 1 amount of NAND before it
looks for LDR. And LDR just scans that same amount of RAM copied data (it
doesn't read NAND itself) looking for LINUX and PARMS

Cliff

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amstrad Plc or its subsidiaries.

For further information on Amstrad Plc please visit our website: www.amstrad.com

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road