[E3-hacking] keypad layout

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Fri Mar 31 17:40:13 BST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:30:26PM +0100, Cliff Lawson wrote:
> Shades of reinventing the wheel here - I already did the Linux
> keyboard layouts with sensible key code returns to Linux (IMHO). I'm
> about to bugger off home for the weekend but if someone gives me a
> nudge on Monday you're welcome the to files I have already
>
> (I spent AGES trying to come up with the best layout and it'd be a
> shame to see this go to waste!)

Sure. It's not like I haven't tried to get hold of the original source.
;)

I think there are possible 2 different layout types that are going to
make sense though:

*) The keypad setup as a device, with the keys being used to invoke
applications and so forth. I assume this is what the Amstrad layout is
like and in the long term this is the right approach I feel.

*) The keypad setup as a primary input device, with the aim of being
able to use it for the console. Personally I'm doing most of my prodding
over the serial port at present, but I get the impression this is what a
number of people want?

J.

--
Barndoors. Barndoors. Barndoors. Profile.
                                            Profile. VARILITE!