[E3-hacking] keypad layout

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Fri Mar 31 17:26:21 BST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:12:52PM +0100, David Given wrote:
> Matt Callow wrote:
> >> Correction: EMAIL is backspace.
> >>
> >> Do we have any documentation for this yet?
> > The source shows:
> [...]
> Yes, I found that shortly after sending the message. I shouldn't really
> do this stuff late at night when I'm tired...
>
> I may write it up in an easier-to-understand format and put it on the
> Wiki, unless anyone has any objections.

Sure. Now I think I've sorted the USB issue out in the git tree
(upstream took my base E3 support patch at the start of the week) I'm
beginning to look at sorting out the LCD and keymap for submission. Do
people have opinions on what keys should be mapped where? Obviously the
QWERTY keyboard and the numpad are obvious enough, but what about the
rest? Hopefully we'll have the mailboard working soon enough, but we'll
still want to use the buttons on the device. Should we map them to
useful punctuation? Functions keys? (I'd though about this for the keys
at the top.) Something else?

J.

--
                 |        noodles is not pasta        |