[e3-hacking] Modem Patch

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Mar 29 14:15:16 BST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:33:38PM +0000, Matt Callow wrote:

> attached is a patch to enable the modem on the e3.  The patch should
> be applied after Jonathans patches.
>
> It is then accessable as /dev/ttyS1. I use micrcom to talk to it.

I get "Division by 0 in kernel" errors with this patch; I think you need
to multiply the BASE_BAUD by 16 to get the uart_clk. I've put my patch
up at:

http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.15/06-ams-delta-modem.diff

It only touches the board configuration file, but appears to work fine
for me.

> So far, I've managed to get it connected to the phone line as a
> speaker phone, but I can't get any sound through the handset.

Likewise;

AT+FCLASS=8
AT+VSP=1
ATDT123

gives me the speaking clock on the speaker (I think that's all I needed
to type).

Have you tried playing with the AT+VLS options at all? I wondered if
that might switch between the two.

J.

--
/-\                             |  I am the great Cornholio! I need
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |       some TP for my bumhole!