[E3-hacking] Sound working!

Mark Underwood basicmark at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 21:50:11 BST 2006

--- Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 10:44:52PM +0100, Mark Underwood wrote:
> > Just thought I would let everyone know that sound now works (capture
> > and playback). I'll clean up my work and post it tomorrow.
>
> Has anyone else had success with capture? I've managed to get linphone
> letting me hear a VOIP conversation ok, but nothing I say goes out.
> arecord doesn't even get as far as trying to record.

I was using rawplay & rawrec and captured sound using my sound driver without any problems (using
the mic on the main unit). I haven't tried running the sound driver in duplex.

> I've been playing with "vm" from mgetty+voice and have got it recording
> and playing back over both the handset and the internal mic/speaker
> using the modem. Were you sniffing the traffic to the codec and if so
> might playing with vm help you out?

Yes. I'll have a look at this tomorrow as I really want to get this sound stuff finished and
reassemble my E3 :-). Also, once the sound is finished I'll try to push in to the OMAP list,
unless you want to wait for a bit and we push all the new work at once.

Thanks,

Mark