[E3-hacking] E3 Emailer

Cliff Lawson clawson at amstrad.com
Mon Jul 17 13:53:33 BST 2006

Suggest you see our recent annual reports for usage figures and revenue but
I think last years reports said that to that date we'd sold something like
0.5m emailers and net revenue being received after payback of subsidy was
something like £4m..£5m so it's a nice little earner for us and there
doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to change it. Remember these things are
not aimed at ADSL households in fact they very specifically are aimed at
NON-ADSL households and there's still a LOT of those !

However we (like all the big telcos as well) do see the writing on the wall
for analogue telecomms and the upsurge in VOIP (hell, even Tesco have
primetime adverts for a VOIP phone now) so future plans would obviously be
headed off in the VOIP/SIP/RTP direction. But it could still be a few years
until we're all part of BT's 21st century project ;-)

Cliff